Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's been so long...

Sorry everyone for taking so long to write...I've been crazy busy starting my new semester..and final semester of my bachelor life!!! Wahoo!!! I will be graduating on December 13th with my Bachelors in Social Work...YAY!!! So I am doing my internship at Kahuku Medical Center focusing on Psychosocial assessments and crisis intervention. So weird description for basically two simple words PAPER WORK!!! And so starts my life as a social worker...haha! I do a lot with the geriatric unit, that is my main focus, and if any emergencies that happen require a Social Worker then we are also called in. But my main focus has been with the elderly. It's been kind of rough just because I am not used to such a slow pace, and it's not very exciting in the geriatric unit...which is probably a good thing because if it gets exciting that means someone has died. But its given me a lot of great learning experience that I know I can use in the future.

More to come with the recent happenings...to be CONTINUED!!!



Picture of the new mural they painted on the hospital to make it more appealing...



The rest of the mural...it takes up the whole side of the hospital.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

If I get sick, I'm flying to HI just because of that mural. love it aloha
xoxoxo

Price Family said...

Yea! You updated! So that is where you work, cool!

Em said...

Hooray so happy to see you blog!!